Mycare puts you in the driver’s seat. We are a place you can connect with local workers and integrate them into your life using our contracting tools.
It's free to use Mycare
Thanks to our current agreement with the Ministry of Health, if you receive Disability Support Funding, there is no cost for you to find and organise the help you need. You can use your Individualised Funding, Enabling Good Lives funding, Carer Support or IF Respite to pay for your support.
See below for more information about organising and paying for your support using:
What is Mycare?
Our online platform lets you manage your job listings and bookings from your phone, tablet or computer, anywhere, anytime:
- Search locally for one-on-one support, relief care or shared activities
- Choose the person who’s right for you, and deal directly with them
- Keep track of visits and activities
- Invite family and friends to join your online “support circle”
- Decide the hourly rate you’ll pay and use our secure online payroll
- Safely set up contracts with every person you hire
- Access simple reporting to help you manage your funding.
Contracting is a great option for families and workers
Mycare is a contracting platform designed to support families and workers. Contracting your support workers, rather than employing them, is recognised as a legitimate option by the Ministry of Health and IRD for people who receive Disability Support funding. Workers on Mycare want flexible, contract work which is why they have joined Mycare. Contracting means you and your family don’t have to take on the liabilities of a small business when arranging your support.
How do I get started?
It’s easy to join and create your first listing. We’ll ask you for some contact details, and to verify your phone number and email address. We also need your NHI number, or that of the person you’re organising support for, to check your eligibility for Mycare’s fee free service.
When you’re ready, follow our step-by-step process to create a listing to find the help you want.
Sign up for free today
Who are the carers?
With thousands of pre-approved carers, you can choose the local person who’s right for you, and deal directly with them:
- Our helpers come from diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences, including hundreds of registered nurses
- View photos, bios and reviews for candidates who have all been security verified through the Ministry of Justice or NZ Police
- Unlike traditional homecare providers, you can communicate directly with your carer to personalise your care arrangements, as and when you need.
Workers on Mycare pay Mycare a 5% fee to find work in their community, and use our scheduling and payment tools. You contract workers through Mycare instead of employing them.
How can I use my funding to pay my workers?
This will depending on what type of disability support funding you receive. We will work with you to help you use your funding to pay your worker. We’ve included some information on the links below, or you can get in touch with our team to discuss your personal circumstances by emailing email@example.com or calling 0800 677 700.
Can't find the right person at Mycare?
Contact us so we can help. New workers sign up with Mycare every day and there’s lots we can do to help you find someone in your area.